Menu

Christmas/Holiday Club accounts

LMA

My friend just called me. She thought they had very little money for presents this year, but her check for her Christmas Club acct. came today for $600. She forgot they had automatic savings of $50 a month taken out for this acct. She is so excited because she can pay some important bill and have enough left for presents!

This is just a heads-up to open up a club account now to save some money for presents or something else for next year.

My friend just called me. She thought they had very little money for presents this year, but her check for her Christmas Club acct. came today for $600. She forgot they had automatic savings of $50 a month taken out for this acct. She is so excited because she can pay some important bill and have enough left for presents!

This is just a heads-up to open up a club account now to save some money for presents or something else for next year.

I always think I'm going to do this.....but we don't have $50/month to spare, so it probably wouldn't work anyway. I'm always jealous of a friend that does it though!

Yep, we had one not this year (never got around to setting it up again unfortunately...) but last, and it was WONDERFUL! Ours was set up so it could take as little as $5 out at a time, weekly or whatever.

It was TOTALLY worth it. I hope to start one again this year. Even if it doesn't cover all of the Christmas expenses, it is a huge help. :)

(Now is really late to be getting the check, though! Goodness! Why did they wait so long? Ours is until October and we get the checks by the end of the month. Thank goodness. I can't imagine having to wait until now to go Christmas shopping... o.O )

Yep, we had one not this year (never got around to setting it up again unfortunately...) but last, and it was WONDERFUL! Ours was set up so it could take as little as $5 out at a time, weekly or whatever.

It was TOTALLY worth it. I hope to start one again this year. Even if it doesn't cover all of the Christmas expenses, it is a huge help. :)

(Now is really late to be getting the check, though! Goodness! Why did they wait so long? Ours is until October and we get the checks by the end of the month. Thank goodness. I can't imagine having to wait until now to go Christmas shopping... o.O )

Not sure why. I'll have to ask next time I talk to her.