Menu

Times Tales drawbacks?

sbgrace

Not in my experience. Once they know the story, they don't get hung up on it. For the first week or so that they know the story, they think of it. Then after that, the actual fact is memorized.

this was our experience as well. i actually have it loaned out currently to a friend that has her children in PS. her daughter is in grade 3 & they are doing timed multiplication drills. her daughter was struggling, so i loaned her times tales. it helped her immensely.

My 6 year old loves Times Tales. We started it after she hit the section on Multiplication in Miquon. I was amazed by how quickly she had them all memorized and in such a fun manner. She loves those weird silly stories. My adult brain has a hard time understanding how its easier to memorize those characters, then the stories to arrive at having the times tales memorized but she sure did it.

No drawback here. The stories are engaging, they learn it and then quickly progress to remembering the story tagline (the multiplication fact).

Even my 4 year old knows several of the multiplication facts thanks to the stories. Granted, she doesn't understand the concept, but we'll work on that when the time comes.