Menu

Singapore Science (MPH)

Dana

Just a heads-up from the Singapore site:

MPH Science is now on clearance sale. Titles in this series not listed for sale are permanently out of stock.

MPH Science will be replaced with MPH Science International Version. The new version will be available in late November 2012.

Just a heads-up from the Singapore site:

MPH Science is now on clearance sale. Titles in this series not listed for sale are permanently out of stock.

MPH Science will be replaced with MPH Science International Version. The new version will be available in late November 2012.

I'm glad they are replacing it! I saw them being cloed out this fall and was a little troubled (this was our curric). Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...

I'd be starting based on age. We did 3/4 during 3rd & fourth grade. They've got the schedule of the books listed in the TG.

Again, I find the HOTS and Tests to be where the major challenge is. Don't know how that'll relate with the new books...

• 1 month later...

I'd be starting based on age. We did 3/4 during 3rd & fourth grade. They've got the schedule of the books listed in the TG.

Again, I find the HOTS and Tests to be where the major challenge is. Don't know how that'll relate with the new books...

I have been wondering about HOTS also and just checked the forum at Singapore Math Inc. Here is the answer posted by the forum administrator as of January 24, 2013:

Question: Is the material that was previously in the HOTS books now included in the Activity Guide for the new science books?

Answer from Administrator: No. Unfortunately not. I hope there will be HOTS for this but there are not yet.

I am disappointed because part of the reason that I selected this curriculum was because of the additional challenge of the HOTS questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed because part of the reason that I selected this curriculum was because of the additional challenge of the HOTS questions.

Agreed. Without the HOTS I have no interest in this program. In fact, it looks like the new program took out the two parts of the curriculum we use most (Homework and HOTS) and left our least favorite. The textbook has never been the strongest part of the curriculum, and the activity book is so often full of dumb experiments.

Since the program is now labelled "International Version" I almost wonder if they're dumbing it down for the rest of us.

Sigh. I guess that pretty much derails my science plans going forward.