Menu

I got a new job. :)

Yes, it is one we talked about before.

I am thrilled:

Downtown, with paid parking! Yay! I think it would be awesome to work downtown. As long as I have been in Houston, I've not spend much time there.

Yes, it is a step in the right direction. One of the jobs I have, I will need to keep this year while I have 3 students. Next year, maybe with money a little different and cost different? Maybe I can make some changes. I like that job and setting, though, so it's not a burden other than hours, you know?

It will be fulfilling professionally. I was worried there would be no place to go, but my conversation with her this afternoon indicated otherwise. The agency is growing into areas I originally wanted to be a counselor FOR! :D

(And, if not, I can finish my internship hours and move on. It's a different world than it used to be in terms of job tenure.)

In the meantime, I click with the boss. She did share my supervisor is leaving at the end of the year. It's unlikely I will be ready for THAT, but shows movement, you know? The fact that he's not outta there now shows that people *stay*. Many of the staff and clinicians have been there years - rare in this business.

I have to go run group. :) 30 substance abuse clients await me. LOL.

I'm glad it's the job you wanted.