Menu

If you used TOG yr 2 - what were your FAVORITE projects?

Mom to 3+1

Ohhh let's see.

Unit 1- We made Viking Ships out of model magic an they floated, I bookmarked it.

stained glass out of cookie dough and smashed lifesavers.

Each child made a "garden mosaic", I put Plaster of Paris mixed into a greased round cake pan, and smashed colored ceramic I picked up from the dollar store ( I think I grabbed 2 plates, and 2 mugs of different colors) we used the pieced to decorate, and then I wrote year at the bottom. After they dried I sprayed them with acrylic spray paint, we still have them!

I got huge cardboard pieces from our local Best Buy (because they have refrigerators) , my kiddos built a HUGE castle, we spent almost two weeks painting bricks on it. Then I got smart and I picked up cheap wallpaper and plastered it on the rest, it was sooo cute.

Thats what we did for unit 1, if you need more ideas for unit 2 let me know:D

My UG is not a project guy and my LG is an up and coming craft-oholic - so we are just moving into this phase. My only offering is that the cookie dough maps are out of this world - the recipe should be on the site. So worth it and yummy for dessert!!

Pam

We love the salt dough map, we do it every year. Some of our favorite history projects from the middle ages were, illuminations, binding a book, and the homemade printing press (we made place cards for the medieval feast.) We had a wonderful medieval feast, we made invitations using a quill and ink and even used a wax seal. We made costumes (one was a jester the other was Robin Hood) and had authentic medieval recipes (I still make the leek soup on a regular basis), great fun! We didn't like the castle project, but my boys don't enjoy building things. Other failures were the viking jewelry (I got the wrong kind of clay, the kind that never gets hard) and the viking ship.

Good Luck,

Dorothy

more ideas. I am really excited about the castle out of the card board boxes, and I am sure the stained glass cookies will be a hit. Salt Maps are always fun, I need a better receip for cookie dough maps, last year Italy became a big blob! LOL. I would love to hear more, any thoughts on any of the units, I hope to do them all this year and summer is my big planning time. Thanks, Laura