Menu

Answers Academy v. Demolishing Strongholds from AiG

Hoggirl

Has any one used either of these worldview courses? Can they be done effectively just with one student rather than in a group setting? Can you compare these? Should the Answers Academy be done first since it is intended for younger grades? I am not really interested in going through any workbooks...just watching the DVDs.

Thanks for any wisdom you can provide.

I am not familiar with Answers Academy, but the Senior High Sunday School Class is using Demolishing Strongholds currently. My dh and I are the SS leaders for Junior High and sometimes we combine classes, so I have seen a few of the DVD's. I find it incredible and the speaker is engaging. The few we have seen really challenge the kids to think. I thoroughly enjoyed them and got quite a lot from just the videos. I think the videos could easily be used with just one student. I would be prepared to watch it with your child and be ready to have some great, in depth discussion on it. My junior high dd has enjoyed the few she's seen.

Hope that helps somewhat. :001_smile:

Hi,

I purchased Demolishing Strongholds for my 9th grade son. I have watched the 1st part of the DVD and am impressed. I have also heard one of the speakers, Bill Jack, in person. He is wonderful and will keep my son interested. I would love to see my church youth group using it, but we are going to do it at home ourselves for now.

I am not familiar with the other program.

Karen