Menu

My NoGoodHOrribleVeryBadDAy

Everytime I come back here I get choked up. Thank-you all so much for understanding. It's all going to be fine- but it might really take 20 years. That she has no clue how very hard life is and that family can ease some of that burden.....breathing deeply and thanking you all...really thankful for the outpouring of grace here. ..sniffle...

Thanks so much for the kindness and warmth!

Brief update:

I am totally at peace about the whole thing. Partly because dh and dd had a really HARD conversation- the likes of which were mortifying but at least dd has "declared" herself. The attitudes, comments, etc over the past 3 yrs finally make sense. This really isn't about me/us/our choices/how she was raised. This is about her and the values that she is chosing. I don't like them. I walked away from them 30 years ago. I am grieved. And I will make hard choices in response to them because of my own past.

I think we are in for more heartache, but I feel prepared for it instead of constantly blindsided by it.

thanks, dear friends- again :001_smile:.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Just another development to this whole saga. DD is making some decions and saying some things that are changing the course of her life. I know we all do that all of the time, but this stuff is not easy to go back on. Dh's bro talked to her last week thinks it's crazy - like he is wondering if she has a chemical imbalance. He is stunned. His 13 yo dd says, "she's spoiled, it's just cause she wants her own way."

Meanwhile dd 22 is moving on Sat- to go live with her. She doesn't like it here and she can live there free.I'd be o.k. with that except when she visited a month ago she came back rude, sullen and mean-spirited. She's now back to her sweet self.

Thanks for the continued hugs. I'm sorry to keep posting about it.

I'm starting socks in the morning.