Menu

Anyone else have ichthyosis?

So far I haven't met anyone outside of my family with ichthyosis, but just in case there is someone else here who qualifies, I thought I'd pass on info about this amazing program.

Beiersdorf, the makers of Aquaphor, Eucerin, Nivea and Hansaplast offers a free case of lotion to those requesting it with a note from a physician. Check out this blog post from ConfettiSkin.org for more info.

All three of my boys have ichthyosis and we spend a lot of money on lotion. This program will be such a blessing to our budget.

Edited by Oak Knoll Mom

Hmm. I have scleroderma....wonder if that would be considered a severe skin disorder? I do use a lot of lotion...not as much as the person on that link certainly, but this would help for sure! Thanks!

I hope you do qualify! I know the headquarters is without power at the moment because of Sandy, but they are hoping to be back in business early next week.

And we don't use that much either, but the medicated lotion they use 3-4 times a week is $1/oz and each boy averages 1-2 oz / use. Unfortunately, this particular lotion is now over-the-counter, so insurance no longer pays for it. Having free Eucerin to use as needed between the medicated lotion is gong to be nice.