Menu

College/Elementary Education

Is the University of Phoenix the only one that offers Elementary Education ( for grades K-6) for online studies?

Does anyone know of any other colleges that offer this as an online course. I'm not talking about Early Education but Elementary Education.

What if you expand your search to non-specific education degrees? When I took my MS Ed, the coursework was pretty similar, not matter what your specialty was going to be. Where the elementary teachers, middle school teachers, English teachers, foreign language teachers, science teachers, etc were different was in the non-education coursework we would need for certification. I think we also took methods classes specific to the areas we specialized in.

There might be some tailored ed courses (a teaching reading course would have a different age focus than a teaching composition course or a teaching algebra cours), there are probably more similarities than differences.

Call the HR office in your local system to see what they accept. When I was (briefly) considering going back for a teaching certificate, I found that the Western Governor's School is the only online school they'll accept for new teachers. They won't consider University of Phoenix grads. In my area they have a concentrated 6-month program at several colleges that will get you a state-approved creditial as well, but you do need to already have a bachelor's degree in any field and you have to pass the appropriate Praxis.

• 3 weeks later...