Menu

S/O-Can you make Netflix kid-safe?

On the thread about the TeA obsessed boy, the OP mentioned that her son had found "interesting" videos on Netflix. So far, my DD7 seems to keep her Netflix viewing to various Discovery and National Geographic animal documentaries and the occasional Phineas and Ferb, and I'd like to keep it that way. I could disable Netflix on the mobile devices, but I must admit it's nice to be able to tell her to go watch something for school on her iPod Touch without having to have the big TV out/on. Is there a way to set up a separate queue/log in just for her?

The only thing you can do is set the rating, but it's universal so if you (the adult) want to watch something above that rating you have to change it and set it back.

I REALLY wish they had dedicated sub-accounts for children. I don't think that everything rated G or PG is appropriate for my kids, and some of it I really hate. I think I'm going to cancel Netflix over this issue when my kids are a little older and can figure out how to use it themselves.