Menu

Glycolic Peel? ~ Let'

share our skin care tips! (title heading was entered before I was ready).

Okay, so part of my brain these days is consumed with skin care thanks to a very dear friend who blogs and is very much in-the-know about aging gracefully, style, and all that. :D

A while back someone here, I think it was here anyway, mentioned that she uses a glycolic peel a few times a year. I cannot find that thread. She said that and a bunch of other things make an amazing difference.

I'm trying to come up with a new and updated skin care plan. I'll be 45 soon and I'd like to take care of myself as much as possible.

I use Paula's Choice BHA Gel and I love it.

I wonder what glycolic peel she was referring to that's used a few times a year.

So please share any tips that you have so that we can all benefit.

Thanks so much. :)

I have done the glycolic peel, it does make my skin look better. It takes a couple of layers off and healthy skin just looks better! I have a warning, though. Don't drink alcohol and spend an evening doing glycolic peels with you husband, friends and neighbors. The wine makes you more susceptible to severe effects of the peel because of one reason or another. My sweet husband had burns and some scabs....on is face! :001_huh:

I am trying a prescription for retin a cream now. I have only had it for a couple of weeks, I will let you know. I also quit drinking recently so I have no clue how it mixes with alcohol. :D

I am a HUGE fan of MUAC (Makeup Artists Choice) products, even more than Paulas CHoice which I also like. (I have her BHA gel)

I use MUAC's Glycolic Peel and the Mandelic Peel for melasma and acne scars (alternate between them), Glycolic Body Lotion which helps my skin look fresher and "glowy", Glycolyronic Acid for wrinkles and Mario Badescus Enzyme Wash which I get at Ulta. My skin looks better than it did in my 30s and I am 43 now. I also use a zinc-based sunscreen by Devita. An occasional addition is Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Pads. I use Olay Regenerist at night, over the glycoluronic acid. Oh, and I also use MUACs micro polish......

Can you tell I love skin care products?:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Halcyon

First of all, I do so wish that the mods would help me out here with the title heading. I hate it when I can't edit the heading ... :banghead: :lol:

Now, on to more important things.

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I go through these obsessions and have so much fun with them. These days, it's skin care. I'm trying to come up with an organized, systematic plan. Part of my crazy personality. :lol: Mind you, I've always loved skin care.

Thanks for linking to her blog! As another Ex-Mormon, I love to feel less alone in this whole losing my religion thing.

Not my intention and I hope I haven't offended others by linking her blog :tongue_smilie:. She's such a dear friend whom I've known online for years. She's incredibly witty, funny, entertaining, and so very open. Plus,she knows so much about beauty and style.

I have done the glycolic peel, it does make my skin look better. It takes a couple of layers off and healthy skin just looks better!

Great to know.

Don't drink alcohol and spend an evening doing glycolic peels with you husband, friends and neighbors. The wine makes you more susceptible to severe effects of the peel because of one reason or another. My sweet husband had burns and some scabs....on is face!

Oh dear. Hope he's better. I hope you don't mind that your description did make me giggle. I'm just picturing me doing this in front of everyone. :lol:

I am trying a prescription for retin a cream now. I have only had it for a couple of weeks, I will let you know.

I used Retin-A for quite a while in my 20s for my acne. It worked okay. Nothing great. Just okay. I just got some Rx Retin-A and will start it very slowly in a few weeks time. I've been reading and am continuing to read a lot about it. I can share all my tips and info on that if anyone's interested. Do make sure to wear a good sunscreen when using Retin-A.

I bought a 20% glycolic peel solution off of ebay. I love it. The bottle lasted for quite a while. I would do it a couple times a month.

Redsquirrel, I'm so glad that you replied :grouphug:. I think it was you who posted that a while back. You do the vitamin C and water thing for dark spots/sun spots, right? I'm hoping to start that soon also.

I'm looking into this glycolic peel. It's 30% and seems to have good reviews.

I am a HUGE fan of MUAC (Makeup Artists Choice) products, even more than Paulas CHoice which I also like. (I have her BHA gel)

Wow. I'd never even heard of MUAC until now. Thank you. Their stuff looks very good. I'm wondering if I should get some of their stuff for my dc and their acne. Dd's skin is very sensitive. Ds not so much. Both have acne. I think I'll be spending a few hours on their site.

Can you tell I love skin care products?

Thanks for all your tips and info. :grouphug: Love this.

Do please keep more tips and info coming. :)

One other concern, and I'm probably not the only one here with this:

I’m getting sleep/pillow wrinkles from being a side sleeper and, although it's not the most pressing issue in the world :lol:, it's definitely something I wish I could fix. I wish, wish, wish that I could be a back sleeper. I cannot for the life of me sleep on my back. I keep trying. I bought a silk pillowcase, since I heard that helps but I haven't noticed any incredible difference with that and I've been using it for a long time. Once I start Retinol, it’s not as if I can put it right by my eyes where the pillow wrinkles are happening.

Any suggestions or tips anyone?

Thank you. :)