Menu

How does my TOG week look to you?

I have been going over this way too much and need some input. This is my first year using TOG and we are going to spread each week over two doing it 4 days a week. I have a LG (tag along) and a LG/UG. I am open to suggestion and opinions but please be gentle on this newbie:o...

Week 1

Day 1...Read History Core

Day 2...Geography

Continue reading History Core

Day 3...DS7 read the LG lit. to me and DS5

DS7 complete SAP

Day 4....Begin working on project...DH is helping with this

Week2

Day 1....Listen to SOTW audio

Do a coloring page or some other "paper" activity (Lapbook?)

Day 2...Supplemental Reading or the suggested Read Aloud or Lapbooking

Day 3...Supplemental Reading or the suggested Read Aloud or Lapbooking

Day 4...Work on/complete project

I will also be adding in the Writing Aids towards the end of the unit.

Here is a secret...I hate reading aloud. Hate it. But, there are so many great books to read for this time, that I am going to try and suck it up.

Did you find the suggested read aloud (Famous Men of the Middle Ages) to be beneficial for this stage?

DH is going to help with the read alouds but he would like to read more narrative storied than informational. I thought about having him read from the D stage lit.

I am also going to have DS7 read the UG lit. suggestions during his quiet time. I may or may not orally ask him some of the questions from the SAP. he is totally capable of reading the books. His nose is always in a book way above his grade level.

So what do you think? Am I missing anything? Am I doing too much? Any suggestions for my days 2&3 on the second week?

Thanks so much for your input!:D:D

Brittney,

Looks like a good plan to me. You won't know if it will work for you till you try, so just stay flexible, and let us know how it goes.

Can you get some of the books on audio (besides SOTW). As your kids can read more independently your read aloud aversion will take care of itself, so think of it as a short term thing.

When are you starting?

Heather

Brittney,

Looks like a good plan to me. You won't know if it will work for you till you try, so just stay flexible, and let us know how it goes.

Can you get some of the books on audio (besides SOTW). As your kids can read more independently your read aloud aversion will take care of itself, so think of it as a short term thing.

When are you starting?

Heather

I just breathed a sigh of relief! You are right about them being able to read on their own in a little bit! I am already seeing it with ds7 which is why *he* is reading allowed to ds5!

We are starting the first part of September. I will keep in mind to stay flexible. Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!