Menu

Science Exploror users, do you test? (plus more)

Jane

I am looking over my books and really love the layout of these materials. I selected just the "Human Biology and Health" materials to start and see how we like Prentice Hall for science.

I have four items: TM, student book, student wkbk, and the Lab Zone CD. In my materials, I do not see any tests. Do you test?

Also, here is my game plan, let me know what you think about this schedule:

Monday: Mom introduces chapter. Child reads one chapter and completes the target reading skill activity.

Tuesday: Child completes study workbook on chapter.

Wednesday: Lab, plus Mom teaches and performs oral quiz of material.

Thursday: Child completes Assessment.

Friday: Test???? This is where I'm debating how to test. Maybe use the Reading Previews for my tests?

There are chapter tests available online. You need a code, which is in the newer books in the assessment section.

We scheduled a little differently. They read a section each day, outlined it, and did the workbook pages. They had one or two days for the assessment, a day for review, and then took the test. If there was a lab that looked worthwhile, we took another day for that. We did not do many of the labs. With this schedule, they finished 3 books last year.

Forgot to say, the online tests are 10 multiple choice questions each. They can take more than one test, but each test will have questions from the previous test, so you won't get 10 different questions each time. I usually had them do 3 tests per chapter. The test really aren't that great, but I used them anyway.