Menu

Vent!!-Tired of...

Tired of boredom (among me and the kids), a tutor that does not understand processing issues, not enjoying one thing about school even though I kill myself trying to make it something interesting, sassy mouths, arguing among themselves, with me, the dog, lack of appreciation, the attitude of "I don't need an education", thinking they don't need to help around the house, I don't want to go to co-op, bowling, or anything else, not getting ready for school on time, lack of appreciation for my time, whining about everything from brothers to school, my attitude becoming worse over the course of the day because of all the above, lying (with my youngest), not giving me a minute of breathing room, always asking me if I am mad (even if I am just thinking), hounding me about everything,being split between the two of them and they not understanding that they have to give me a minute to help them and just my feeling like I am not doing anything right.

I thought things were getting better but I am finding myself having to fight with them and referee their fighting again. We can't even go for a walk together because it always ends with them fighting among themselves or with me.When I suggest that we all need a break from each other and tell them to stay away from each other for a 1/2 hour, they argue with me. Sorry I just needed to get this off my chest! I am thinking that ps might not be such a bad Idea. The new semester starts on Nov 5.

Blah. I hope someone has some magical answer because I would like some insight also. The only thing that is helping right now is knowing that this is an age...my friend told me about her son at this age, (13-14) and he is now 16 and so very delightful. She told me she barely remembers the time it was so horrible because there are no remainders in his current behavior.

But otherwise, yes. My son was arguing today with the Algebra I solution manual (which also matched MY answer when I worked the problem and he was convinced I was wrong). Seriously?!?!?! Both the answer manual and I are wrong???? :lol: And it goes on and on and on......