Menu

I'm walking around in a cloud of garlic vapor.

I got some heads of garlic in my CSA share the past couple of weeks.

I've made various dishes containing garlic, and this is the most potent garlic I've ever used. Dh hates garlic and really hasn't come near me in days. :D

I normally use a lot of garlic, but the stink is even getting to ME, which is saying a lot.

Any tips on dissipating the garlic stench wafting out of my pores?

Roast the rest of it then freeze the paste in 1-2 tablespoon plops.

Citrus will help with the garlic fumes. Scrub your hands with the cut side of 1/2 a lemon & rinse. Drink tons of water.

We live just north of Gilroy, the self proclaimed garlic capital of the world. When the breeze is from the south all of San Jose smells like garlic.

Amber in SJ

At least you're safe from vampires!

A funny aside; when my dd was little, she thought the saying was that garlic would keep you safe from umpires.:tongue_smilie:

That's so cute! When ds1 was in first grade in PS, he thought his teacher was a vampire, so I had to give him a little baggie of garlic to carry around at school. Yeah. You can imagine the conversation I had with the guidance counselor about that one.

Roast the rest of it then freeze the paste in 1-2 tablespoon plops.

Citrus will help with the garlic fumes. Scrub your hands with the cut side of 1/2 a lemon & rinse. Drink tons of water.

We live just north of Gilroy, the self proclaimed garlic capital of the world. When the breeze is from the south all of San Jose smells like garlic.

Amber in SJ

Mmmm. I love the smell of garlic. I suppose it would be a bit much if the whole city smelled of it, though.

Maybe I should add lemon juice to my bath water. Hmmmm.

I think I might actually kill my husband if I roasted this particular garlic in the house. It is really, really strong! :lol: