Menu

ISense Micro FM receiver for CAPD totally ROCKS!

Twinmom

We just started using an iSense Micro FM receiver with my nine yr old DS who has CAPD. His audiologist recommended that we use it in learning environments to improve sound quality, processing ability and to cut down on background interference. Can I just say it totally ROCKS?!! He can totally understand vowel sounds now and it makes teaching phonics SO much easier! Comprehension has taken a huge jump overnight. It improves his attention, too...when he decides what I am saying is important enough to listen to! :glare: Not to mention the fact that I can call him inside for dinner without opening the door! ;)

Just thought I'd mention it in case folks had never heard of them. I'm sure they are not for all forms of CAPD, but for those who can use them, I consider them invaluable!!

http://www.phonak.com/com/b2c/en/products/fm/receivers/isense.html

:grouphug: Thank you for this link. We have been told this would be very helpful. Now, please tell me, where can I find the price on the website???

ETA: Okay. I googled and found a price. Wow! But I have someone to write a letter for medical necessity to the insurance company, so that may help.

Edited by NJKelli