Menu

Does your child have a checklist each day?

skeeterbug

I have a weekly grid on which I write out their goals for each day, and then from that, I usually write a list for them on the whiteboard so they can see what they have to complete that day from their chart. They like being able to see it written up there and then crossed off when they are done. My son loves crossing off what he has completed.

I usually write a list for them on the whiteboard so they can see what they have to complete that day from their chart. They like being able to see it written up there and then crossed off when they are done. My son loves crossing off what he has completed.

This is what we're doing this year and it's working really well. I'm working on independence. I have a whiteboard with three columns. One for each child and then our together subjects. We're in a "routine", of sorts, where I teach our together subjects whenever the baby is asleep. And then when I'm caring for the baby they can work on their independent subjects. It's still a work in progress with getting everything done every day because we're getting used to doing school while having a little one around, but it's been a big help around here for the kids to see what's expected and what they've accomplished.