Menu

What Is This? My Son Doing School...

Bloggermom

That's very interesting. Is this happening only with school work or is it anytime? If it's related to academics, does he seem to do this with certain subjects more than others? If so, maybe it's a stress or anxiety response?? Does he seem to do it more after having worked for a while or just after a break? If so, it could be his way of self regulating or calming down?? I really have no idea just throwing my thoughts out there. It really could be a number of things. I'm a new forum member and don't know if your son has any current diagnoses or what they are. I would venture to say that Tourette's Syndrome seems like a possibility.

He also does it while playing with his siblings, watching a movie or at the computer.

He does it with all subjects and even when he is in a very happy-go-lucky mood so I don't think it is anxiety driven.

It's really difficult when I am trying to teach him a lesson or have a conversation with him and he starts to do it and goes into his own little world. This is confirmation to me that homeschooling really is his best situation, I don't think any public school would really be an option for him.

... It's really difficult when I am trying to teach him a lesson or have a conversation with him and he starts to do it and goes into his own little world...

If it is a tic, I've read tics are like sneezes, it's hard to keep them in. :grouphug:

Your little boy is adorable.