Menu

updated chronological Cornerstones of Freedom List

Maus

I hope this is helpful for someone else, too. I started with the great list from Paula's Archives, updated it to add the books published since she wrote it, added a bunch I found on librarything, etc. that she missed, and where I could, refined the dates to make it more chronological, since I want to add them to our reading list for U.S. History this year.

Here it is: Cornerstones of Freedom in chronological order

• 9 years later...

10 years since last time a person posted anything here, but these books are really good. I didn't like history when I was a kid, but now in my 60's these books opened a door for more curiosity. Thanks to whoever made the list. Not an easy task.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/9/2012 at 9:00 PM, Maus said:

I hope this is helpful for someone else, too. I started with the great list from Paula's Archives, updated it to add the books published since she wrote it, added a bunch I found on librarything, etc. that she missed, and where I could, refined the dates to make it more chronological, since I want to add them to our reading list for U.S. History this year.

Here it is: Cornerstones of Freedom in chronological order

On 7/25/2022 at 7:36 PM, CAK said:

10 years since last time a person posted anything here, but these books are really good. I didn't like history when I was a kid, but now in my 60's these books opened a door for more curiosity. Thanks to whoever made the list. Not an easy task.

I’m looking for the updated completed list myself but this is a wonderful place to start thank you 

• 6 months later...

1) have you found the updated editions of any particular title to be revisionist history, or how have you found them to be revised/updated? 

2) are the paperback editions a reprint of a hardbound volume or have those titles not been printed before?  Is it realistic for me to hold out for strictly hardbound books for our shelf or should I be grabbing the paperbacks as I see them to complete our library?