Menu

Vent- Auto Accident

I feel for you. I was in a weird parking lot accident a little over a week ago where the other driver opened her car door as I was pulling into a spot. Her version to the insurance company was "she hit me in the parking lot". They saw right through it once they saw the cars, but man.....

Hope everyone is ok from yours? Nobody hurt?

Thanks.

Nobody was hurt. The other driver tried to pass dd22 on the right side, illegally, on a one lane road, and said she thought dd was turning left at the intersection when we actually were turning right. She hit the passenger front wheel, smashing in that area of the car.

The police were called, but he did not write any tickets. :confused: I questioned it but he had his reasons: not a lot of damage, no injuries, I don't have to.

Numerous times everyone was asked "Are you ok? Any injuries" and every time both she and dd stated that they were fine.

Today we found out that the other driver has filed something for medical claiming it is from the accident. Whatever. The insurance said not to worry about it and that they were going to her insurance for reimbursement for fixing dd's car since other driver admitted to passing on the right. Still.... people always surprise me.

After reading the other thread about insurance accidents and the other party calling, it makes me nervous for dd.