Menu

Quote worthy Quotes to learn?

I find that their are certain quotes that a witty and you want to use them, but they aren't exactly significant historically. It is important to also memorize who said it. I think Churchill, Twain, Will Rogers, Oscar Wilde, probably most quoted. If you want historical quotes, I would start with historical figures and search for quotes.

Often people misquote them (as I'm about to do). These are ones that pop to my mind and who I think may have said them.

News of my death has been greatly exaggerated - Wilde

There are lies, **** lies and then there are statistics - Twain

When the world comes to an end, I want to be in Kentucky. Because they are 10 years behind everyone else. - Twain

something about eating a frog first thing in the morning makes the rest of the day seem better - Twain

I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers

I'm not a member of an organized political party, I'm a Democrat - Will Rogers

A dog will look up to you, a cat will look down on you, but a pig will look at you as an equal - Churchill

God make me good, but not yet. St. Augustine

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. G Santana

Here is my set of quotes. Some are just aphorisms. I'm not sure where most came from. I want to believe they carry wisdom. I collect them in a word file.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence, than it does knowledge. –Charles Darwin

Perfect Practice Prevents Poor Performance.

or

Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

May you live in harmony with exactly who you are and may your creativity and talents light up the world with love and peace.

"Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire." William Butler Yeats

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. " ~Native American Proverb~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh, crap, she’s up!â€

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But everyone is not entitled to their own facts. – Patrick Moynihan

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it.

Remember the tar baby; you are attached to what you attack.

Do unto others 20% better than you’d expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error. –Linus Pauling

Procrastination is the natural assassin of opportunity.