Menu

X-post on K-8 - Is anyone else having trouble with VP

Ours loaded fine every day for 8 days, then stopped completely last night.

We have tried several times today, but nothing.

I am wondering if they are having server issues due to all of the people signing up to start the new courses.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't something we were doing wrong.

So glad we are not the only ones!

Dd is loving the course, but it freezes in every lesson so far, toward the end.

Calling VP was on my list of things to do this week.

I tried to call today, but they are out.

I hope it won't be like this for the regular self-paced courses when we start them.

I would guess it's a server thing. We had a glitch today, too. This our second course and we've only had to call one time for tech issues. I wonder if it's related to all the $99 deal late starters who just began their classes and the increase in volume. VP has been great - I'm sure they'll resolve it tomorrow.

I would guess it's a server thing. We had a glitch today, too. This our second course and we've only had to call one time for tech issues. I wonder if it's related to all the $99 deal late starters who just began their classes and the increase in volume. VP has been great - I'm sure they'll resolve it tomorrow.

I haven't heard about this.

Does anyone know what the $99 deal is?

Just an FYI:

My experience has been that if their server, your router or something in between is having an issue, you can sometimes not get "credit" for a completed level. Sometimes you can go through the student profile to access the next lesson anyway (I have done this rather than wait for a fix). But, eventually you won't be able to progress until the levels are credited on the main index.

The customer service has been very responsive to fixing this for me when the problem pops up. I just e-mail that my [student Name] in the XX self-paced course has completed through lesson # and needs to be credited.

I haven't tried to access our classes today- though it sounds like I may need to make alternate plans. But in general, it seems like the server is a little more glitchy mid-afternoon. So there is either something in the path between or at the endpoint causing a slow down.

ETA: Last winter/spring there was a group buy type offer that cost $99 per class. If you chose to enroll in the classes through the offer the latest start date was August 31st. So, some purchasers through that buy may just now be getting started- adding to the overall volume of users on the server.

VP called at 8:30 a.m. She worked with me a few minutes and recommended that I close my browser and try to log in again. I had not tried that since were not having trouble logging in, just trouble getting the lessons to load.

Well, it worked! So, two days of reading "Lesson loading. Please wait," and all I had to do was close out my browser. I cannot believe I didn't try that , as many times we tried to get it to work.

So, it is working now and I had the pleasure of working with VP customer service. What an amazing group. I will not hesitate to buy their online classes.