Menu

My dd8..

asked a question for the first time during a lesson.

In general this child never asks questions. Her older sisters always asked why for everything as preschoolers and even now. Why are we going here? Why are we doing this? What does this or that mean? How do I do this or that? Why is the sky blue? Why are my toes on my feet? Why? WHY WHY! Drove me nuts.

Anyways, today I dictated a sentence for my daughter almost 9 to write "Two oceans border the United States of America."

After she wrote it, she asked "Mom, what does border mean?"

I couldn't believe it. It was suddenly she was alive and present! I almost started crying and her siblings' jaws dropped in shock.

I am so happy! I feel like we might be turning a corner soon. Maybe it is no biggie but for some reason if feels like some big developmental shift/growth. Maybe this is a way to find out if someone might have some kind of learning issues: Does your child ask why questions?

Edited by happycc

I am so happy! I feel like we might be turning a corner soon. Maybe it is no biggie but for some reason if feels like some big developmental shift/growth.

Awesome. I wouldn't say "no bigggie" at all. I know what you mean about the feeling of a big developmental shift coming - that's great!