Menu

Do colleges care about...

whether a course is 1/2 credit or 1 credit. For example, I have the option of making Logic 1/2 or a full credit. Would they like to see it as a full credit course? I'm debating on just how much to include in 9th and I could be up to 8 1/2 credits if I make Logic and public speaking/leadership full credit courses. I'm also not really sure Ds has enough time for that.

All of those courses would fall under "Electives" in the eyes of colleges.

The only way it would possibly be more important to have 1.0 credit vs. 0.5 credit of Logic is if your student plans to enter a college degree program that emphasizes Logic. Even if so, he can always take additional Logic later on in high school or in summer school, etc.

So, short answer: if 0.5 credit Logic lets you also fulfill other important credits (Public Speaking/Leadership) -- go for the 0.5 credit! Warmly, Lori D.

All of those courses would fall under "Electives" in the eyes of colleges.

The only way it would possibly be more important to have 1.0 credit vs. 0.5 credit of Logic is if your student plans to enter a college degree program that emphasizes Logic. Even if so, he can always take additional Logic later on in high school or in summer school, etc.

So, short answer: if 0.5 credit Logic lets you also fulfill other important credits (Public Speaking/Leadership) -- go for the 0.5 credit! Warmly, Lori D.

So simple. I don't know why I never thought about the fact that they are electives. Thanks.