Menu

paths of exploration

Guest yzjamie

Guest yzjamie

I have a 2nd grader and 5th grader. After a year of using POE with both of my school age kids, what would I use with my 2nd grader for 3rd grade? It is my understanding that it is only able to be used for 1 year, so if I am modifying it to use with both kids, I am wondering if, when I moved on to POSettlement, would I also move both kids to POS? Then I worry that my younger would be in over her head in POS.

I am confused...

I am using Paths of Settlement with my 4th, 6th, and 8th grader.

I have a 1st grader and Pre-ker. They are doing Sonlight and FIAR.

You could just let the 2nd grader listen in and do Lapbooks and then repeat the Exploration and Settlement when they get older.

• 9 months later...

If you are on Facebook, there is a group for Trail Guide users. See link below. Some folks are posting messages selling their POE sets. But I will warn you, some of these people are looking to get $400 or so for their curriculum. I don't think that is a big enough savings to warrant the risk of buying used from an unknown party. I have heard that at the conventions they are offering 10% off + free shipping on this curriculum. I think many of us who bought this curriculum have multiple kiddos and intend to reuse it later. It's also just started to hit the mainstream and I think that makes it harder to find used copies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/353701224707249/