Menu

Expressive Language Disorder

DD10 was recently diagnosed with a Moderate Expressive Language Disorder. As of yet, we have not done anything with it. The whole situation is upsetting actually. I had her evaluated by a SLP through the agency that services her behavioral needs. This was in May. At the meeting to discuss the evaluation, I was told that there were a couple of areas where she showed some issues but it was "nothing major". Overall, she did very well. It was recommended she do ST once a week for 45 minutes through the summer. DD10 refused and because they said is was nothing major, I let it slide. BAD, BAD, BAD MOMMY!!!

At the beginning of August, I finally received a copy of the evaluation. It stated that DD10 had a Moderate Expressive Language Disorder and it's recommended she receive ST once a week for 6 months. I have yet to follow up with the therapy. However, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for recommendations for helpful home tips that I can incorporate into our school day (much like the OT we are still doing from last year, but that's another story).