Menu

What's the deal with "daytime dresses"??

I recently purchased 3 different dresses trying to find the perfect one to wear to my cousin's wedding which will be at 7pm. On the receipts 2 of the dresses are listed as "daytime dress" and one is listed as "day dress". I honestly have not bought a dress in quite a long time, but why are these listed as "day"? I guess I'm extra annoyed because I plan to wear it in the evening. :001_huh:

I ultimately don't care that I didn't buy an "evening dress"... I just never knew there were certain dresses for certain times of the day.

You're probably right and that makes me even more happy with the dress I decided to keep because I know I'll wear it again. My other cousin's wedding was 2 years ago and the dress I wore would probably be catergorized as evening and it has sat in my closet ever since.:tongue_smilie: Too bad these are siblings, otherwise I could wear the same dress to both weddings!

I wonder if they distinguish between day dresses and evening wear because of different return policies? I seem to remember that during prom season, for instance, they have stricter return policies so people don't buy a dress, take off the tags, and then return it after one wearing. So maybe the "day dress" tag means that normal return policies apply?

Edited by Corraleno