Menu

So, NOW I have to get our own wall map!!!! but what and where is your fav?

After Plaid Dad's map poll, I feel map deficient! So, as a treat to myself and the boys, we are going to get a map! Which map do you like best and where did you get it? Also, do you buy the laminated kind or frame it? I have got to stop reading all these posts because I just keep finding "must-haves" for school. thank goodness, you all don't talk about great purses and shoes or I would really be in trouble!!!

We bought ours at Sam's Club a few years ago--I haven't seen them there in a while, though. One thing we did that I think makes them look more "finished" is to frame them out with picture molding. It's cheap, easy, and you can paint the molding any color to match your room.

...(two are "real" globes and one is a really cool inflatable globe that I bought at the dollar store!), we also have a world map made of cloth (about 3'x4'). A friend bought it in the fabric department at Walmart and gave to me. I think some people use them for making small quilts, but I use it just like it is. I like it because it's portable -- just fold it up and take it wherever you want to use it. I can stick it into a tote bag or spread it out on the living room floor. Or I can hang it on the wall. Very cool!

They show up in my mailbox now & then, I'm not really sure how. :confused: I picked one last fall (from National Geographic, came with a subscription offer that we didn't take) and had it laminated when Office Max did their free laminating week. It's pretty big (around 2'x4'), and has the political map on one side, and a sattelite picture on the other, so I hung it with stikki-clips so I can turn it around sometimes to use the other side.

If you're not on any of these mysterious mailing lists, maybe ask your library - they probably get subscription offers all the time.