Menu

If your planning a trip to China with the kids...

[yes...it is a typo...should be "if you're planning a trip...need to find a way to edit titles of posts!]

you might want to check out my new blog! :001_smile:

http://familytravelinchina.wordpress.com/

It details the itinerary I planned, the hotels we chose, the methods of transport we used, the sites we saw, etc. Hope you all enjoy it!

- Cammie

Edited by Cammie
Typo in post heading

Thanks! I am a researcher and I had all this WORK I had done for our own trip so I thought I should at least share the benefits of all that research. It was a cool trip! Enjoy the Chinese food - I prefer American Chinese food to real Chinese food anyway! :drool:

Not yet but it is something I plan on adding. Just to give you an idea for hotels we tried to stick to less than $100 per night. We had one night on the train so that saved one hotel night. I didn't find China that cheap (but I live in India so the comparison is different.) I found the entry fees to some places to be very high (90 CNY or $15 for entry to a historical sight seems high to me but to someone from the US it might seem reasonable.) We got great airfares on Air Asia and also found that if you do some research you can get great deals on the domestic airlines for your travel within China.

It was a great trip - probably need to go back at some point!