Menu

What college course would equal algebra 1 and algebra 2

To make a long story short my 17 year old needs to repeat algebra 1 and also take algebra 2. She is taking a self paced class at the cc. She is currently in elementary algebra and then will take intermediate algebra. Students are able to complete both in a semester if they are capable and so far dd is in track to do so. For her high school diploma she needs one class beyond algebra 2. She can either take college math, college algebra or statistics after she completes the intermediate algebra.

We asked the counselor at the college if the intro to algebra and the intermediate algebra would be the same as algebra 1 and 2 in high school and he said he didn't know. Does anyone know if those two college courses would satisfy the algebra 1 and 2 requirement?

They're close.

Beginning algebra does many of the algebra I topics and int alg is close to alg ii.

The course description in the catalog compared with course descriptions of alg I and ii should give you a better idea.