Menu

What do you thinkof lollipop logic?

bttrflyvld

We did all three books last year when DD was a K'er. She loved them. For the most part they were easy for her. The only sections that caused her any grief were the analogies. For some reason, she had a hard time making the connections.

I agree that it would be fine for a 4.5 yr old.

I was just looking at these for ds but figured that between his R&S books and DEL we could hold off on that kind of material until he's a bit older. I love the R&S books (later in the series for an older student) and while I don't like DEL I know I *should* do it.

When we did it, there was only the one book, but we really loved it. It was easy enough, but still thought-provoking for a K'er. It wasn't terribly expensive. I thought it was perfect. We've not regretting anything from Prufrock Press so far, actually.

ETA: As for others, Analogies for Beginners also has some easy things to follow Lollipop Logic, as does the first Logic Safari book.

If your child is good at matching and sorting, it's very very easy. We did one book, my DD loved it, but it was not really hard enough to make her *think*. I have gotten the Logic Countdown (says grades 3-4) for this next year and my rising Ker and 1ster :) are doing it orally with me. Lesson 4 so far and they've had to think hard, but have really enjoyed it. It might get too hard a little farther in the book, but I'm not sure.

This book has stuff like - list 4 boy names that start with B. What do lime, pine, grass, and lettuce have in common?