Menu

Can a person download books to a computer vs. Kindle/Nook?

Absolutely. If you want to download Kindle books, you get the free Kindle app from the amazon.com site. While you can get free books on the web, I've found that (especially with classics) amazon has on their site for free everything that you can get from gutenberg press and the like for free; IMO it's just easier to get it from amazon and read it in their app.

I have a Kindle, and their are some books I read on my computer and some that I read on my Kindle. I like having access to the same library on both. I shop a lot on amazon and I love their shopping interface, especially the suggestions it gives (i.e. people who bought this item also bought...) - I've found a lot of great books that way. You can tell amazon where you want the book sent (kindle, computer, etc.), or if you are in the Kindle app, you can see the items you own and double click on them and the item will download if it hasn't already. Easy peasy.

Our library had ebooks - you check them out and can download them using Adobe DigitalEditions (free software) and read them right on the computer.

I always download them to my computer first and then copy them to my Nook. This comes in handy when DD11 has swiped my Nook again to read her books - I can pull my current read up on my laptop and keep reading.

Thank you, ladies. I knew there was probably a way to do that, I am just so short on time trying to get ready for school to start next week and canning, that I don't have the mental energy to search the web blindly so to speak. The Hive knows all...:001_smile: