Menu

Local Farm Produce Question...

Does anyone know about buying local produce from local farms on a weekly basis? I've heard that you can buy a kind of subscription (for lack of a better word) for weekly produce that you either pick up or have delivered. Where would I look online for information on this? I don't remember the terminology that was used when I heard about it, so I'm kind of stuck. Do I look for certified organic farmers in the area or what?

Thanks friends!

Lucinda

It's called Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).

http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/pubs/csa/csa.shtml

If you do a Google search for "community supported agriculture" "your state", you should be able to find a website with a list of farms in your locale, if there is not a link to it on the website above.

At the one we are going to use this year, for the first time, I have to do 8 hours of work on the farm, plus pay $650 (this is in Massachusetts) for organic vegetables.

I chose farm I did solely because it fit my criteria (organic) and it is the only located within a 30 minute drive of my house.