Menu

MCP Math and Horizons Math

Cathy in IL

I haven't gotten that far in MCP, we abandoned it in A, only part way in. But it's been my experience through Horizons 3, that Horizons is on grade level for most, or slightly ahead of grade for others.

If you know for sure you want to switch (why are you switching?), I would think earlier is better. However, Horizons only goes through grade 6, so either way you'll be changing curriculums again in a couple years.

I suppose if I was confident about my switch I would sell the unused curriculum, and roll the funds into the curriculum I wanted. Just MHO. ;)

Thanks Darcy,

That's what I am thinking too. My daughter likes the variety offered on each page in Horizons. I actually had MCP for third grade and then came upon Horizons for third grade too. Can't remember the details on how they both came to be in the house, but anyway I have them both. I have used MCP to supplement areas in Horizons that she needs extra practice in. I'll most likely go ahead and switch over. When she enjoys the curriculum choices it does make life easier. I am just looking at the grand total of my RR order and trying to find ways to reduce it a bit.

Cathy