Menu

Just a stupid thing but I can't help feeling irritated

Preface (do you read these in books?): I know this is probably stupid and probably more a problem with me than anyone else.

ETA: Upon further thought irritated is the wrong word, the right one is disappointed but not a big deal

Edited by SJ.

Maybe they assumed everyone else would go for the same time frame (is it before or after?). Maybe that was the only time they could get away. If you and the other relatives were planning to decide on before or after, it sounds like you do have some flexibility. If so, I don't really see a problem.

Yeah I know. It is just a stupid vent/irritation and I know it.

For us, this is a very busy time of year (October will be, too), so it wouldn't matter when the rest of the family would be able to get away--before or after the wedding. We'd have to make plans according to our schedule.

How far away does BIL2 live? You said you're all within a few hours of each other. How often do you see them? Maybe the family visit wasn't so much a factor as the wedding & visiting BIL1.

Maybe one of them is a "just get it done" kind of person. I know someone like that (I'm looking at my DH as I type this). This person would just go ahead a make reservations in order to "check it off the list" and not think about coordinating with anyone else.

I'd just let it go.

Maybe one of them is a "just get it done" kind of person. I know someone like that (I'm looking at my DH as I type this). This person would just go ahead a make reservations in order to "check it off the list" and not think about coordinating with anyone else.

I'd just let it go.

This makes total sense, sounds like SIL. I am not going to say anything to anyone. I am sure everything is going to be wonderful and am looking forward to the trip. I guess I was just a bit disappointed. This is probably going to be the only time everyone is on vacation together so it would be nice to be able to spend some time together during the trip.

For us, this is a very busy time of year (October will be, too), so it wouldn't matter when the rest of the family would be able to get away--before or after the wedding. We'd have to make plans according to our schedule.

How far away does BIL2 live? You said you're all within a few hours of each other. How often do you see them? Maybe the family visit wasn't so much a factor as the wedding & visiting BIL1.

You are probably right.