Menu

Writing Strands or WWS? ALL or R&S?

hlee

I have been away from the forum boards for a while and didn't realize that PHP has released Advanced Language Lessons and Writing With Skill. (This after I have gone and bought R&S and Writing Strands as WTM suggests!)

So, does this mean what is written in WTM is not accurate? That SWB and company would recommend ALL and WWS instead? Anyone have enough experience with these newer programs to make a recommendation? I am stymied by what to do...

Thanks much!

ALL has not been released. It was put on hold because it was too huge.

You can get a hefty sample of WWS to look at. Just remember that WTM recommendations are just examples, and they are not meant to be all-inclusive. If you have WS and think it will be a good fit for your kid, use it! WWS is a great program, but there are many valid ways to teach writing. :)

We have started WWS and we love it every bit as much as we did WWE, though it is much different. I love that it is written to the student, and the approach is expressed in step 1, step 2, step three. My son looked up from it yesterday and said, "This is hard, but not uninteresting." He has enjoyed the lessons so far, two weeks in. I hear that it gets significantly harder about half way through, but you can refer to the WWS threads in the middle grades board. They have some really good reviews and conversations about it.