Menu

Growing with grammar?

Guest kellymicco

The only reason I can think of is that it might be because it's tough to get Cathy to review new curricula now. Every time I check her website for my own product, it says she is not accepting new products for review. So she might be picking and choosing curricula herself to review, as she becomes aware of them herself.

Cathy, if you can hear this, review Growing With Grammar! It's terrific!

My 9 year old son has been doing GWG since September, and we're 1/2 way through the book.

I don't teach the GWG lessons, unless he runs into some difficulty. He's been able to connect the lessons from GWG into the writing dictations/narrations we've been doing in History and Science.

I'm thrilled with GWG -- ds enjoys the lessons with no belly-aching, he's getting the practice he needs and most importantly, he's connecting the grammar rules/lessons into his writing.

I hear him mumbling under his breath -- apostrophe or just an s . . . plural or possessive? GWG has been my compromise . . . I don't want to grammar my littles into the ground, but I think grammar needs to be studied to some level of mastery as children.

It's been one of my favourites picks for this year, no question.

Cheerio, T