Menu

Which laminating sheets?

daisylynn

I used to only use the recommended Scotch brand for my 3m laminator. My husband picked up this big box as a cheaper alternative.

These DO work, however they are ever so slightly thinner. For the majority of my lamination I don't mind but every so often I have something that I want to have a sturdier feel to it and so I use my hoarded Scotch ones.

Guest KillerBeesMom
These are the sheets we've been using. I prefer them over the Scotch brand sheets that came with the laminator. They are crystal clear and we've had no issue with wet erase markers on them. We usually use wet erase instead of dry erase because DS doesn't like when marker wipes off on his arm.

These are the ones from Sam's Club.

200 for $20.68

They erase fine for me. I usually use washable dry erase with baby wipes to erase. I stay away from vis a vis markers.

:iagree: I haven't done much dry erasing on them but those are the sheets I buy. I'm so happy to be able to buy them inexpensively, my DS really likes to laminate things.:rolleyes:

Oh wow. That's a great price!! Are they just as thick as the Scotch ones?

I used my laminating machine for the first time today and LOVE it! :001_wub: I like the Scotch ones but would love to be able to use the cheaper ones without sacrificing the thickness and durability too much.

These are the sheets we've been using. I prefer them over the Scotch brand sheets that came with the laminator. They are crystal clear and we've had no issue with wet erase markers on them. We usually use wet erase instead of dry erase because DS doesn't like when marker wipes off on his arm.

I use these as well.

We use these as well, which reminds me that I need to go order more!

• 1 month later...

I bought these to use with my Scotch laminator. I have been getting some warping in the sheets, though they seal well. I have been sending them through on their own, with the paper to be laminated inside. Am I supposed to be putting the laminating pouch inside the cardboard pouches that were in the box? Will that work with the Scotch? I would like to resolve the warping, but don't want to wreck my machine.