Menu

Computer-based vocabulary?

DragonFaerie

Can anyone recommend a good computer-based vocabulary program? I'm thinking about switching DS to Sequential Spelling (he is a horrid speller), but if I do that, we lose the vocabulary aspect. I definitely do NOT want a workbook program. I want something that is computer or DVD based, preferably with audio that pronounces the words for him, etc. TIA!

I am not sure if these count as vocabulary, but I really do love the two programs that they are offering on HBC this month. Prices are great too!!!

Word Journey

Wordly Wise

I think more important than just learning to spell is understanding why words are what they are, and how to differentiate their meanings in various contexts.

I am not sure if these count as vocabulary, but I really do love the two programs that they are offering on HBC this month. Prices are great too!!!

Word Journey

Wordly Wise

I think more important than just learning to spell is understanding why words are what they are, and how to differentiate their meanings in various contexts.

Thanks. I've been eying Wordly Wise. DD uses the workbooks, but the computer version might be just the thing for DS (I strongly suspect he is allergic to written work. :D)

Can you tell me anything about Word Journey? I've never heard of that one.