Menu

KISS Grammar

I recently read a thread about the KISS grammar online. I am wondering if anyone else does this and has feedback. I have an 8th grader who is weak in grammar, but strong in Lit./creative writing, and am considering this. I want to print and bind it but it costs $30 or so to print and want to make sure it's a good fit.

Thanks!

You should do a check on the K-8 and logic stage boards. There have been a few recent discussions. We opted to use KISS this year. We're only on lesson 6, so opinions are still out.

I'm printing a bit at a time for my own sake. Is the $30 cost for the color ink, as that seems like a high estimate?

It was $30 with only the first page in color, the remaining in b&w, spiral bound, and a plastic cover. I wanted it to be workbook style for travel purposes. Are you happy with the first 6 lessons?

Thanks for the referral to the other site.

It was $30 with only the first page in color, the remaining in b&w, spiral bound, and a plastic cover. I wanted it to be workbook style for travel purposes. Are you happy with the first 6 lessons?

Thanks for the referral to the other site.

You might want to look through the pages before you decide to have it printed in B&W, the color options are part of the program at the teacher's level.

We did like the first 6 lessons, but they are mostly review for ds.

I use it for my 10 and 12 year old. It has been an excellent fit for us. My son is dyslexic and I think KISS helps him understand the components of language and grammar better than anything we've ever tried to use. I'm about three-quarters of the way through Level 1 with my son and a little less than half-way with my daughter.