Menu

How do you prep for Saxon?

stm4him

I made their binders but I'm feeling like somehow I'm not doing enough to get ready so we can be the most efficient with our time next year. I should also make copies of the meeting strips and probably look through the added supplies needed for each level. I've taught K-2 before but not 3 yet. I have the cards in the side pocket of the binder and a pencil pouch to hold them as we tear them out and another pencil pouch for paper maniplutives. I have tabs for meeting, masters, drills, worksheets, and assessments (which we will file as we complete them). I have the grading sheets in there grouped together as well. I think that is all I've done so far. Anything else you do to get set up for the year that would be helpful?

Thanks!

Wow! You are super organized!

My prep involves pulling out the book and gathering what we need 2 minutes before :). We dropped the meeting book after a month or 2 if memory serves.

(referring to saxon 1)

:iagree:

I go through the lesson the previous evening, just to check what the new material is going to be mostly. I prep the meeting strip and gather all the materials needed, and I pull out the necessary test and/or worksheets. It takes about 10 minutes, if that much. We're on Saxon 3.

Honestly, I open the book and start teaching, often with little looking ahead, other than pulling out the sheets needed for the next lesson and a glance at the topic. And, I pick and choose with regards to the meeting info. I don't do everything, everyday...sometimes nothing. I just review, as needed. If I for some reason don't have the supplies for the lesson that day, then I skip to the next lesson, get the supplies, and go back the the missed lesson. Saxon is super easy and comprehensive. Love it!

No prep here either for Saxon 3 and 5/6. I can see where it would be helpful though and I have debated setting things up the night before. Somehow though, when the the kids are in bed the last thing I want to do is look at a math book!