Menu

Elemental Science Biology: Grammar, Logic or both?

m0mmaBuck

I'm looking at this for my 1st and 5th graders. Do I buy Grammar stage and beef it up for DS, Logic stage and dumb it down for DD, or buy both programs and run science separately?

Or do I go with Living Learning Books: Level 1 (Animals, Plants, and Human Body) which seems to be a WTM-type approach to science that I could probably tweek for both.

My sister did ES biology last year with a 6th and first grader, the author suggested doing logic stage and having the grammar student tag along by using the "lapbooking through biology." I will probably do that when we are there. Also, both grammar and logic TM's offer ways to accommodate older/younger students. I know the grammar stage TM tells you to switch out Kingfisher for the older one and things like that.

After using ES bio for grammar last year, we love it, but I think I would use logic and add grammar books and lapbooking for the younger.

My sister did ES biology last year with a 6th and first grader, the author suggested doing logic stage and having the grammar student tag along by using the "lapbooking through biology." I will probably do that when we are there. Also, both grammar and logic TM's offer ways to accommodate older/younger students. I know the grammar stage TM tells you to switch out Kingfisher for the older one and things like that.

After using ES bio for grammar last year, we love it, but I think I would use logic and add grammar books and lapbooking for the younger.

OK, thanks!