Menu

Rooms To Go has messed up our delivery AGAIN!

We ordered my son a loft bed from Rooms To Go. They told us it was going to be delievered yesterday between 9 and 1. Well turns out that was the day it was leaving Florida, not actually being delivered. Great sit around all day waiting on to find out I get to do this all over again next week!

Just got another call saying now it's not coming next Monday, now they need to bring it next Tuesday! $400 for shipping and they've screwed up deliver dates twice now.

And of course there is 'nothing' they can do. They keep saying "Well we can't make it get there any sooner, it's on the truck." Well I'm not an idiot, I get that you can't make it magically appear here. When I say what are you going to "do" about it, I'm really asking are you giving us any sort of discount! Idiots!

I am so annoyed. I've looked at there stuff before when we have lived near an actual store and was not overly impressed. I am so regretting this purchase. My poor son is disappointed. He was promised a bunk bed after we left Okinawa. Well the houses in Long Island had a low ceiling and roof slant so he couldn't have one there. So he has been patiently waiting on this bed for 3 years! I am so annoyed at them and so bummed for him.

That stinks! I'm surprised they wouldn't give you some sort of discount. You don't want to "shoot your own self in the foot" but do you have any purchasing choices? Like getting your $$$ back and shopping elsewhere? I'd be a little worried about them helping if something goes wrong with it...

:(

Don't beat around the bush: flat out ask them, "How much of a refund are you going to provide for you mistakes?" or even "I understand. I'm sure you understand I expect a refund of $X to make up for your errors." If the first person can't/won't, ask to be passed up the line until someone can/will.

:/

Sorry you're going through this. We're contemplating a bed purchase soon...

I would demand a refund of shipping charges. If that does not happen and you put this on a credit card, your credit card company may go to bat for you...Capital One used to be very good about this, and they dont' get anywhere, may reverse the charge and you refuse delivery.

I did this once and was VERY satisfied with how CAP 1 dealt with it. I did not end up with the item I wanted, but I didn't end up being billed for it either and was able to go somewhere else to shop with satisfaction.

Faith

This is no joke because I really can't make this stuff up! My mom bought a living room set from them several years ago and they replaced the couch and love seat at least 5 times and the recliner 3 or 4 times! It was never right and the reclining mechanism kept breaking. She finally made them give her money back and she bought something else! The delivery men felt like family :lol:

When I called them this morning I did flat out tell the CS rep I expected something to be done money wise. She had told me she could do not anything so I went for her supervisor. The Supervisor just called me back. Eventually she gave me $50 off the cost of delivery. I could tell from talking to her, that the $50 had already been approved, but she did not just up and give it to me, I had to push for it. And she kept trying to blame me for my 'misunderstanding' instead of just saying "Sorry. Someone read it wrong and gave you the wrong date."

You would think, with the volume of business that they do, $50 really isn't much and would actually go a long way in terms of their reputation. The smartest thing they could have done was have the orginal CS rep say "Oh, so sorry. Let us send you a $50 gift card." Things like that give instant gratification and make customers happy. And in the end gift cards from stores area better bet for stores. People hold on to them, forget about them, lose them or they expire. The numbers of christmas gift cards that don't get used is really amazing when you see the amount (usually some sort of news/yahoo report in Jan.). They've given good will and it has cost them nothing, often making them money because people end up spending more in their store.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

I would demand a refund of shipping charges. If that does not happen and you put this on a credit card, your credit card company may go to bat for you...Capital One used to be very good about this, and they dont' get anywhere, may reverse the charge and you refuse delivery.

I did this once and was VERY satisfied with how CAP 1 dealt with it. I did not end up with the item I wanted, but I didn't end up being billed for it either and was able to go somewhere else to shop with satisfaction.

Faith

I would LOVE to do that, but my husband is a just deal with it, there is nothing we can do type. (Drives me a little crazy at times.) But the bigger issue is my son. The poor kid has been promised and waiting on this bed for over three years. I just can't tell him 'sorry we are starting all over again.' He deserves it at this point.