Menu

How long for WWS?

NotSoObvious

How long should I expect my 5th grader to take each day when she does her lesson from WWS? I'm trying to schedule.

She's a quick writer, great speller, good with language, excellent reader, but HORRIBLE at following directions. :glare: That's one reason I'm using a program directed at the student.

I plan to meet with her each day before she starts to make sure she understands before I turn her loose, but then I need to work with her sister while she works.

15 min? 30 min? Thanks!

Sometimes my kids could do it in 30 minutes (which is what I had scheduled) and over 1 hour when we hit some of the later lessons about footnotes, etc. We actually have ended up spreading WWS over 2 years...not my plan, but I remember SWB saying the kids should be ready for college writing after the WWS series, so what's the hurry? This way we won't need the books before they are published.

Sometimes my kids could do it in 30 minutes (which is what I had scheduled) and over 1 hour when we hit some of the later lessons about footnotes, etc. We actually have ended up spreading WWS over 2 years...not my plan, but I remember SWB saying the kids should be ready for college writing after the WWS series, so what's the hurry? This way we won't need the books before they are published.

Hmm. OK. Thanks!

I've heard it was hard for a lot of 5th graders, so we will definitely take it a lesson at a time.