Menu

Is this swimmers ear?

This morning, I woke up feeling like I had slept on my ear wrong. I rolled over expecting it to stop hurting pretty quickly. Like it had just been folded wrong under me or something. When it didn't stop hurting, I pushed around a little on it to see if I could figure out where it hurt and ended up wondering if it was actually my jaw - I'm a teeth grinder.

I got up and it felt a lot better after awhile.....that is until I reached up and brushed my hand against my ear. THAT hurt! I realized then, that it wasn't my jaw but my ear....like um...let's see if I can explain this.....like right above the ear canal, behind the cartilage. I can press on the ear, like I'm plugging it, without pain, but I can't do anything that would move/wiggle my ear.

I do have a constant (but faint) dull ache, and we did go swimming in a lake 3 times last week (the last of which was a week ago today). One of those times, I felt like I got water in my ear (the same one), but also felt like I got most of it out right away. I don't recall having that "water in my ear" feeling after we were done, nor do I recall feeling the water come out later.

I don't have any sense of fullness or water in my ear.....just pain. I've never had swimmers ear. Does this sound like what it could be?

Sounds like it. You can mix half rubbing alcohol and half vinegar together. Put some of that in your ear several times a day. It will probably take a few days to get better but it's way cheaper than the antibiotics for swimmers ear!

:iagree: This is what we do when ds gets swimmers ear.