Menu

Charlotte Mason Original Homeschooling Series Book club anyone?

Thank you for mentioning those videos! I hadn't been to that site in forever and had completely forgotten about them. I'm trying to schedule a little "retreat" for myself - just an hour or so once a week with videos to watch. Mostly so that I can pretend I'm at a HS conference or workshop - as I can't find any near me soon to go to ! :)

Haha I do the same thing!

My daughter is 10, so we are past the first volume, but I might comment from time to time.

I read the first volume twice when my daughter was younger. It helped shape her early childhood--not just her schooling.

My methods are not always in-line with Charlotte's. This used to bother me, but I've realized that I am not trying to give my daughter the perfect Charlotte Mason education. I am hoping to give her a good childhood with a solid education. CM is not the sum total, but she is certainly a large part of the equation.

I'm reading Vol 3 School Education now. I have a thread going for it on the logic board.

We have so many fond memories of the early years. Many of those memories are thanks to CM.

Enjoy reading through Volume 1. It was time well spent for me. I hope it will be for you too. :)

Edited by Hilltop Academy

Great post, Hilltop. Ds is going to be 9, but I feel that I still need to focus on the first volume. I also have a dd5 coming in to homeschool with us next fall, and it helps to refresh. I've been reading parts of School Education too.

Great post, Hilltop. Ds is going to be 9, but I feel that I still need to focus on the first volume. I also have a dd5 coming in to homeschool with us next fall, and it helps to refresh. I've been reading parts of School Education too.

Oh, absolutely! My second reading was when dd was 8 or 9. I don't regret reading it again at all! In fact, I bought a new copy so I could look at it with fresh eyes and not see the notes I made in the first copy. I took notes in the second copy too. It's interesting to see how my thoughts had sometimes changed in the intervening years.

If I had younger ones and would be going through the early years again, I would read it a third time. :001_smile:

Oh, absolutely! My second reading was when dd was 8 or 9. I don't regret reading it again at all! In fact, I bought a new copy so I could look at it with fresh eyes and not see the notes I made in the first copy. I took notes in the second copy too. It's interesting to see how my thoughts had sometimes changed in the intervening years.

If I had younger ones and would be going through the early years again, I would read it a third time. :001_smile:

Haha! Just yesterday I was thinking to myself that I needed a new copy also without my old notes! haha!

I'm hoping we'll all move onto volume 2, then 3, then 4, etc... so come back to join us when we do? :)

• 1 month later...