Menu

LOE games...sorting your cards!

thundersweet

I am loving the LOE program. I am finding myself skipping the games in the lessons though because of the time it would take to sort through all of the cards to find just the cards I need for that game. Surely some of you have a system that is working that you could pass along. We are on lesson 4 so we haven't skipped many but I can see this getting worse if I don't figure out a way to keep them organized.

Sandy

Well, I have a super fancy keep them in snack bags system.

I keep them in snack bags. :lol:

One for the cards we use often... we play a lot of dragon.

One for the rest of the game card cards

One for each set of game cards from each deck we've been introduced to (the phonograms)

one for phonograms for each deck for the ones we haven't gotten to yet.

Well, I have a super fancy keep them in snack bags system.

I keep them in snack bags. :lol:

One for the cards we use often... we play a lot of dragon.

One for the rest of the game card cards

One for each set of game cards from each deck we've been introduced to (the phonograms)

one for phonograms for each deck for the ones we haven't gotten to yet.

LOL! I just transferred some cards to baggies today because I am tired of my rubber bands breaking. I find myself gravitating toward games where I can use the bigger flash cards, as I keep those better up to date. I have three stacks - mastered, in use, and not introduced. I make sure the "not introduced" pile stays in alpha order so I can find things more quickly. Theoretically I should have three similar piles for each set of game cards, but since I haven't been using those as much those piles are not up to date. The all the little baggies or rubber banded stacks get tossed in an Ikea trofast drawer. It's a lot of stuff in the drawer...some kind of boxes or dividers in the drawer would be ideal.

Ok, so put my cards in some kind of order. I have them all in a quart size ziplock bag. I separated all the non phonogram playing cards with a rubber band. I made another stack cards that we haven't learned yet. I made two separate stacks of phonogram cards that we have learned so that each stack has one set of the phonograms we have learned. I hope that makes sense. I was able to successfully play dragon easily with the cards sorted. lol you should have seen the mess I had trying to play dragon for the first time with both sets not sorted.

Actually BugsMama, I think this is exactly what you said you did. So thank you!! lol

Sandy

Hijack here, but what ages are the games be geared towards? My 9 year old knows the phonograms after doing SWR so I am not sure if the games would benefit her?

There's four chapters of spelling games in addition to the four chapters of phonogram games -- we haven't actually played any spelling games yet so I am not sure how fun or interesting they are.