Menu

If you have a Corgi, or Airedale, why did you choose that breed?

Not quite an Airdale, but we have two Soft-Coated Wheaton terriers, and I LOVE Airedales as well. I chose the wheatons for their looks, non-shedding coat, and bouncy personality, and this would also be why I would get an Airdale. Of course, I only had 35 pounds of BOUNCE, and I'm not sure I could handle 60 pounds of it!

Awesome, awesome, awesome dog! We got her for these reasons: non-shedding, the research we did basically said "100% child safe," excellent guard, highest level of intelligent dog (seriously beating the Golden Retriever!), funny.

She is/has been the most wonderful dog. We live on 6acres, and have chickens...she goes out with ur boys for chores, morning and night. She turns her back on the barn and sits and is on patrol the whole time they are working. Also, she was easily trained to not chase chickens. She helps my sons herd any escaped chickens back to their quarters.

She has never been anything but happy to see children, any children, any age.

She is polite. She is not a licky, in your face dog, and she is very social.

She is intelligent and funny. Our outdoor cat comes in regularly. She knows I won't allow the cat on furniture and in certain areas. If he ventures up on a bar stool, goes down in the basement. Or anything else she deems inappropriate, she will woof until I come check, then lead me to the cat. She tells on him! She knows smoke is a bad thing- she'll bark at any indoor smoke to make us aware. I'm thinking that could save our lives someday! She eats fruit and veggies! Weird! She'll go pluck asparagus, tomatoes, apples/pears out of the tree, absolutely loves anything fresh. She's funny.

I don't know where you live, but there is an excellent breeder around us. She is a trainer as well. She is gruff, but we love her. I bet she could help you find a breeder in your area. Oh, yes, these are high energy dogs! They go until they can't go anymore. Very fun. Any more questions, you can pm me.