Menu

Canadians!! Any good historical coloring books out there?

Carla

We are taking a break from SOTW and focusing on Canadian History (coinciding with my hubby just getting a job at one of our Parks Canada Historical Sites! Yeah!)

I'm using Donna Ward's Courage and Conquest as a spine, plus Story of Canada by Lunn. Has anyone come across any great coloring books or pages in the tradition of SoTW and Dover for Canadian history? My children absolutely LOVE the coloring page portion of SoTW.

Thanks!

I have not seen this in person, just stumbled across it online: Rod & Staff Canadian Coloring Book. I also have not used SOTW coloring pages, so I don't know how they compare. :)

It sounds like you have a fun year planned!

:seeya: A wave from Manitoba!

We have loved the books written by Barbara Greenwood e.g. Pioneer Sampler. Sorry, you weren't asking for book ideas, but these were real "winners" here.

Edited by janie_ranae
Add Greenwood suggestion.

I have not seen this in person, just stumbled across it online: Rod & Staff Canadian Coloring Book. I also have not used SOTW coloring pages, so I don't know how they compare. :)

It sounds like you have a fun year planned!

:seeya: A wave from Manitoba!

Thanks for the reply! We have that one, it is more of a geography coloring book. It has outlines of the provinces and pictures of the flags etc. I found one Dover coloring book called Historic North American Forts. Which has some Canadian content and is more of what I am looking for. Hoping to find some others though!!