Menu

Time Travelers questions...

Are these sufficient for a study of American History, if I add read-alouds and a book basket concept to them?

And how long does one CD take to complete?

Yes..these will make a great study. Added books would be great. I just got my cd in today and started printing out some of the lessons. For us..it is going to be a very nice change not having to plan it out. The Explorers cd is set for 10 weeks but you could stretch it out longer if you want to linger. I plan to use it as is.

HTH,

Penny

Will you be doing American History over two years? I am asking because cost wise, doing all the TT will be expensive for a one yr history curriculum that you still need to add books to. (I did the math because we were going to do this).

If you do a lesson a day/5 days a week you can complete one every 5-6 weeks (pretty sure they are all about 25 lessons each). Personally I find this a daunting goal. There are 7 in the series, having a goal of 3-4 for the year with readings and extensions for some of the projects is more doable, in my opinion.

With that said...I think these are very well done and using them as the spine for a American History curriculum is a wonderful idea, especially if your child loves to do hands on.